Your restaurant needs a slogan. Possibly more than one.
Unlike most businesses, you can’t just ‘wing’ it. Your restaurant slogan has to be perfect. It needs to showcase your brand, catch your audience’s attention, and the best part – convince them that they need to eat at your establishment.
Finding the right slogan for your restaurant can be excruciatingly hard. You want to convey your business personality but not necessarily alienate potential customers. And it only gets harder if you don’t know how a slogan comes about.
To help, in this post, we’ll provide 15 famous examples of restaurant slogans, and an explanation of what a restaurant slogan is, why it is important, how you can learn to craft your own, as well as tips on how to write a catchy one. The following topics are covered:
- What Is a Restaurant Slogan?
- Why It Is Important to Have a Good Restaurant Slogan
- How to Write a Restaurant Slogan: 5 Easy Steps
- 5 Important Tips for Writing a Restaurant Slogan
- 15 Catchy Famous Restaurant Slogan Examples
What Is a Restaurant Slogan?
A restaurant slogan is a motto or phrase that a company uses to describe itself. A restaurant slogan often appears on the packaging of a product, within the “About Us” section of a website, or on advertisements.
The purpose of a restaurant slogan is to convey what the business does and/or what makes it unique in some way. This can be done through humor, allusion, or simply by stating the name of the business or one of its signature items.
Restaurant slogans are intended to be memorable marketing devices and should always be written in such a way as to be easily remembered and repeated by consumers.
Restaurant slogans are most commonly used in advertising, but they can also appear on menus, business cards, billboards, websites, and other advertising materials.
For instance, if you are planning on opening a Chinese restaurant and your slogan is “Chinese Cuisine,” it means nothing. You have to add something more to it. A good example would be “Authentic Chinese Cuisine.” That would make things more clear for people who are not familiar with Chinese cuisine. It would also allow you to expand your menu later on without having to change your slogan.
Now, if you want to get creative, you could always go for something like “Flavorful Chinese Cuisine.” Alternatively, if this is a franchise restaurant, something like “Chinese Restaurant Near Me” might work.
Why It Is Important to Have a Good Restaurant Slogan
Having a good restaurant slogan is very important for many reasons. First of all, it increases the chances of getting a new customer because any reasonable person would find it very attractive. The slogan must be catchy enough to attract customers and make them choose your place among all the other restaurants in the area. At the same time, it should be attractive enough to make you stand out from all the other restaurants.
Also, it makes your business more known to the people living in that neighborhood. If your slogan is good enough, they might tell their friends about it and bring them over to try your food. Even if they don’t do that, they will still spread good words about you and this can also bring you more customers.
Another thing that is always very important for every business is reputation. If your slogan has a very good meaning behind it, people will talk about it, which means that your restaurant will be more popular and known in the community. This is one way for a business to get a better reputation and gain new customers at the same time.
How to Write a Restaurant Slogan: 5 Easy Steps
1. Brainstorm a list of ideas.
2. Choose the most promising ideas from your list.
3. Narrow down the list until you have one strong slogan.
4. Make sure your slogan is unique by running it through an online trademark search tool like USPTO.
5. Check your slogan for spelling and grammatical errors before publishing it on your website and social media pages.
5 Important Tips for Writing a Restaurant Slogan
The most successful slogans make use of the following tips:
1. The Best Restaurant Slogans Are Short and Sweet
Restaurant slogans should be simple enough for customers to remember, but not too short that they don’t leave an impression on them. This is important because, if it leaves an impression on your customer, it will get them coming back for more!
2. Use Rhyming Words to Help Create A Memorable Slogan
Many of the best restaurant slogans are rhyming phrases that are easy to remember. This makes it easier to find rhymes for words within your particular slogan. Rhyming words help to create catchy slogans that stand out and do not go unnoticed by potential customers.
3. Use Words That Evoke Emotion
It’s not enough that your slogan is catchy or clever — it should also make someone feel something when they hear it! Your goal is to make people feel something about your business – whether it be happiness, nostalgia, excitement, etc…
4. Use Words That Reflect Where You Are Located or the Theme of Your Restaurant
A steakhouse located in Texas might use words like “Cowboy” while an Italian restaurant located in Chicago might use words like “Chicago style.” You get the idea!
5. Don’t Forget the Keywords
Most restaurants try to use one or two key terms in their slogan. If you tell people a little about your restaurant in your slogan, it will help to drive traffic to your website. Try using something like “Authentic Mexican Food” or “Fresh Healthy Food”.
15 Catchy Famous Restaurant Slogan Examples
1. Applebee’s – “Eatin’ Good in the Neighborhood”
2. Arby’s – “WE HAVE THE MEATS”
3. Burger King – “HAVE IT YOUR WAY”
4. Domino’s Pizza – “The Pizza Delivery Expert”
5. KFC – “It’s finger lickin’ good”
6. McDonald’s – “i’m lovin’ it”
7. Pizza Hut – “NO ONE OUTPIZZAS THE HUT”
8. Popeyes – “Love That Chicken”
9. Quiznos – “MMMM… TOASTY!”
10. Subway – “eat fresh.”
11. Wendy’s – “WHERE’S THE BEEF?”
12. TGI Fridays – “IN HERE, IT’S ALWAYS FRIDAYS.”
13. Fatburger – “The Last Great Hamburger Stand”
14. Taco Bell – “THINK OUTSIDE THE BUN”
With that, we hope you now have a solid idea of what makes for a great restaurant slogan. The best way to find success is often copying directly from the experts. But don’t just copy someone else’s slogans verbatim. Create your unique taglines that are memorable and stand out among the crowd.
Good luck finding the ideal slogan for your restaurant!
- Food Safety Slogan: What It Is & How to Write One for Your Business [+30 Examples]
- 21 Catchy Famous Fast Food Slogan Examples: Why They Are So Popular & How You Can
- 100+ Catchy Fast Food Slogan Examples & How to Create Your Own