You have been working for years with the same company, building up a long-standing relationship with your boss. She is well-liked, trusted, and has worked hard for the company. Your boss is leaving. After all, she is the boss and you are the employee. You can’t help but feel a little sad when your boss is leaving you behind. You might not have had the most amicable relationship with your boss, but you have spent many hours at the office with her. So, how can you part ways on good terms? Some people like to stay in touch with their boss and make sure they send congratulatory messages, others make it clear that they are not happy about their boss leaving and can’t wait to see them gone. Again, you are a unique individual, so you can decide how you want to go about saying goodbye.
It’s no secret that job roles and organizations are constantly changing, and the longer you’ve worked for a company, the more likely it is that the company will eventually change its boss. Bosses have a lot of power, but sometimes they can be so bad at managing people, leading you to believe that they don’t deserve to be bosses. The truth is that bosses can really be great people, but they can also truly be awful. We all have bosses who have made us cry, cried out in frustration, or felt guilty about leaving them. But, no matter how bad the boss is, they are still a person, too, and no matter how much you love your job, there will come a time when you need to move on. When a boss is leaving, you may feel anxious or emotional, and you may want to show your appreciation for the work he or she has done and to send him or her off in the right spirit. But how should you say goodbye?
Oftentimes, our bosses, friends, relatives, and even teachers will leave their jobs. This can be very stressful, especially after you have put your heart into your jobs. After all the years of working together, you’re going to part ways. It’s not the end of the world, but that doesn’t make the moment any less sad. It’s hard to say goodbye to someone you’ve worked with for years, and as the old saying goes, “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.” As a result, it’s always hard to find the right way to send a farewell message. But if you’re a person who truly values your friendship with this person, you’ll be happy to know that you don’t need to use the traditional quote at the end of your message. In fact, you can also send a heartfelt message that’s both personal and professional with this.
In moments of farewell, it is not uncommon to send a message to the boss who is leaving, thanking him for all his help and wishing him the best for his future. Here are some sample farewell messages to your boss that you can copy and paste into an email, or you can customize the text to your liking.
Thank You Messages for Boss Farewell
1. Thank you for the past few years and I hope we can still keep in touch.
2. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for all the hard work.
3. Thank you for all the laughs and memories. You were a good boss.
4. Thank you for the support and guidance you have provided. I will never forget it.
5. Thank you for your commitment and dedication. You made a great impact on our company. I wish you good luck in your future endeavors.
6. Thank you for your years of service! You will always be remembered and we’ll always be grateful.
7. I want to thank you for the years of service you’ve given to the company. I know you’re going to be missed.
8. I’m so thankful that I had the opportunity to work with you, and to have you as a mentor. I hope we can stay in touch after your leave.
9. I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me. I hope we have many more years of working together.
10. Farewell! Thanks for all your support.
11. Many thanks for all the years of wonderful service.
12. Thanks for being such a great boss! Farewell!
13. Thank you for all your hard work, time, and effort. I will miss you immensely.
14. Thanks for all that you have done for us, and I hope that you get everything you want.
15. Many thanks for your support and guidance during our time together. I am very lucky to have had the privilege of working with you. There is no way to measure how much your leadership has meant to me personally and professionally.
16. Thank you for your time and effort over the last few years. Even though we may not share the same opinions, you have been a great asset to the company and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
17. You’ve been a great boss, thank you for everything. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
18. Thank you for all your help and support, you’ve been a fantastic mentor.
19. Thank you for your guidance, and for all the insights and knowledge that you have shared with me.
20. Thank you for everything.
21. Thank you for your guidance and your vision. I hope we will maintain a friendship after you leave.
22. Thank you for all the support and encouragement. I have learned so much from you. Thank you for allowing me to work with you.
23. Thank you for everything! I wish nothing but the best for you in your new position.
24. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. You’ve been a great boss.
25. Thank you for being such a great boss and for providing me with a job where I can stay home with my kids instead of working in the office.
26. Thank you for all your hard work and for being a great boss.
27. Thank you for your devoted service. I know you’ll find success in your new endeavor.
28. Thank you for all of the opportunities that you’ve given me and I wish you all the best.
29. Thanks for all the memories, and I hope to see you soon.
30. Thank you for always being so supportive and understanding during my time with the company.
31. Thank you for giving me this opportunity! I hope we can work together again in the near future.
32. Thanks for the memories!
33. I am truly grateful for the time we have spent together.
34. Thank you for your amazing leadership and guidance over the last few years. We have enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best in your future endeavors. You are always welcome to come back to visit our office anytime!
35. Thank you for everything you have done for us.
36. Thank you for everything and I hope we can work together again one day.
37. I am so grateful to have been able to work with you.
38. I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for your support over the years. Your dedication and hard work made all the difference. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
39. I am grateful that you have shared your wisdom, kindness, and experience with me and I hope you continue to lead your company in the same way. Thank you for everything that you have done.
40. Thank you for all your hard work. I know it hasn’t been easy. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
41. We appreciate everything you have done for us and hope you find the new path that is best for you.
42. Everything in my life has led me to this moment, and I can’t thank you enough for the opportunity.
43. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We will miss you! Take care of yourself and we hope you have a great time in the future.
44. Thank you for everything and I hope we can work together again soon!
45. Thank you for being a great boss and giving me a chance to learn from your experience. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
46. Thank you for all the opportunities you have given me. I hope that I can pay back your trust with my hard work and dedication.
47. A heartfelt thanks for all the hard work!
48. Boss, thank you for all the opportunities you’ve given me! I hope you’re successful in finding your next position!
49. I will always be grateful for the opportunity to have known you and worked alongside you.
50. We all know how much you have contributed to our company. Thank you for all the hard work and dedication that you have put in. We would like to wish you only the best in your future endeavors.
Best Wishes for Boss Farewell
1. I wish you all the best in finding the right opportunities for you! Keep in touch, let us know if you need any help from us!
2. I wish you all the luck in the world in your new position.
3. I know you’ll do great at the new job and I wish you all the best!
4. We will miss you, but we wish you all the best for your future.
5. Wishing you the best in your next chapter!
6. May you always find success and happiness.
7. I wish you a bright future ahead of you.
8. I wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you soon.
9. I hope that you find what you are looking for and that you will be successful in your new position.
10. Best wishes for your next great adventure!
11. I wish you all the best in your new endeavors. I know you’ll be successful and happy.
12. You were such a great boss and I wish you the best of luck.
13. Best wishes for a happy life ahead!
14. Best wishes and thank you for everything!
15. I would like to wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
16. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. It was a pleasure working with you.
17. I’ve had the pleasure of working with you, I wish you nothing but the best.
18. I wish the best for you, and I hope we can stay in touch.
19. I hope all is well and that we’ll see each other again soon.
20. You have been a great mentor, I will miss you, and I wish you all the best.
21. It’s been an honor working with you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
22. I wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor. You’ll always be remembered for the great times we had together.
23. Best wishes for a prosperous and healthy future that will always be there for you. I hope to see you again soon.
24. I hope your new job is everything you dreamed of and more.
25. You were the perfect boss, and I hope you go on to great success!
26. It was nice knowing you and it was a pleasure working with you. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
27. We wish you continued success in this new venture and all of the good things that come with it.
28. We hope that you will find as much joy in this new chapter as you have in the past.
29. I wish you nothing but success and happiness.
30. I hope your next adventure is just as great and fulfilling as the time we’ve been working together.
31. I wish you success in your future endeavors.
32. I hope that everything goes well with your new job and that you enjoy it!
33. I wish you all the luck and happiness you deserve. You’ve been a great asset to our company and I hope you succeed in whatever you go on to do next.
Short Farewell Messages to Boss
1. Take care and good luck!
2. I am going to miss you but I know that this is not goodbye forever.
3. It was a pleasure working with you and I know you’ll have success in your next endeavor.
4. Your leadership will always be remembered, and your contributions will not be forgotten. Good Luck in your future endeavors.
5. You are the best boss I ever had!
6. I hope we can stay in touch and catch up soon.
7. I’ll miss you.
8. Take care of yourself.
9. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
10. Good luck, boss!
11. We’ve been through a lot together, and I’m going to miss you.
12. You’re a great boss. I hope we can keep in touch. Good luck on your next adventure!
12. I’m not going to say goodbye, because I know that I will see you and your company again in the future.
14. I will miss you, I hope you enjoy your retirement. Thank you for all your hard work.
15. The next time you need a colleague you can trust, you know where to find me.
16. I will never forget how you helped me get my first job.
17. It was an honor to work alongside a true leader like yourself.
18. I’m sure you will find success in your new position.
19. You were a good boss and I hope you find the next opportunity rewarding.
20. Good luck with your future endeavors!
21. Best of luck in your next endeavor!
22. I will cherish the memories of our time together.
23. Gonna miss you, boss! Good luck in your new position.
24. Good luck and Godspeed!
25. You taught me a lot and I am going to miss our conversations.
26. Good Luck, I hope you find your happiness.
27. Take care of yourself and be safe!
28. You are the best boss ever!
29. I know that you are a great boss and you will do great things at your new job.
30. I admire your vision and strength and am looking forward to watching your success.
31. You were a great boss.
32. You’ll be missed, and I hope to see you again soon.
33. Keep in touch, best of luck!
34. I’ll never forget that we had the best coffee together!
35. It’s been a pleasure working with you and I know you will find success in life!
36. You’ve been a great mentor and a great friend. It’s been a pleasure working with you.
37. I know you’ve been a great asset to this company, and I hope that you’re able to find success in your next venture.
38. It has been a pleasure working with you.
39. I am excited to see what you will do next.
40. Stay healthy and happy.
41. I will miss you, but I am looking forward to the new adventure.
42. It was a pleasure to work with you. You are a respected leader and role model in our company.
43. I will miss you, but I know you will be successful in your endeavors.
44. Good luck in your new position, please stay in touch!
45. You’re going to be a great CEO.
46. I know we had our differences, but you are an amazing boss and I will miss you.
47. I will be around to help if you need anything in the future.
48. You were a great boss and we will never forget all that you did for us.
49. I hope you know that you are always welcome to come back and visit us.
50. I will always remember our time working together.
51. This is not goodbye, it just see you later.
52. I will never forget the time we spent together.
53. I am not going to say goodbye, because I know that we will still be friends in the future.
What Is a Great Way to Say Goodbye to a Boss Leaving the Company?
You have a job that you love, which makes you feel just right, but recently, your boss has announced that they are leaving the company and their last day will be on a particular date. It’s a tough pill to swallow, and there are a number of emotions that you will be feeling: sadness, anger, the desire to complain, and some feelings of wanting to quit.
Let’s face it—some of us have experienced the unfortunate situation of a boss leaving the workplace. The frequent changes in the work environment can be stressful, and some of us may even be experiencing a lot of anxiety while waiting for the boss to leave. But, like any other stressful situation, having a plan ahead is the key to success.
A boss leaving can be an emotional experience, whether you are a worker or manager. Some work best when things are “all business,” while others appreciate their bosses’ more light-hearted approach. Whatever the case, here are a few suggestions for the best way to say goodbye to a boss leaving:
5 Ways to say Goodbye to a Boss Leaving
1) Be gracious and polite
The best way to say goodbye is by being gracious and polite. If you are not sad to see them leave, then you should not act like it. It is their decision to take a new job, and they may have been thinking about it for a while. You should not be rude about this decision or make them feel guilty for wanting to work elsewhere. You should acknowledge that they have done good work for the company and offer sincere appreciation for all that they have done throughout the years.
2) Focus on the task at hand rather than the boss
We’ve all been there at some point: a boss who thinks they’re better than you is leaving. The uncertainty is overwhelming. What will happen to your career? A boss can be a great motivator, but sometimes it can be hard to stay focused on your goals, especially after they leave. One of the best ways to get ahead of your boss leaving is to be ready. Review your tasks and prepare. Ensure you finish all important tasks so you don’t have to worry about being caught off guard.
3) Keeping up morale by staying positive and promoting teamwork
When a boss leaves, the entire team suffers. The consequences can range from strife-ridden teams to back-biting coworkers to a loss of focus, and even an increased risk of safety hazards. The team faces many challenges during the transition, which can be tough on morale and productivity. But, if you make sure to keep things in perspective, and stay as positive as possible, you can still make it through—even if the person who is “leaving” your job is not your boss.
4) Send a letter or email thanking him for the years you shared
Whether it’s a boss you’ve been working with for years or a friend you’ve known since high school, it’s important to send thank you notes or email messages when a person leaves your life. The key is to think of something specific you can send to that person specifically for the reason he left and the memories you had made together.
5) A parting gift can be a great way to say goodbye
When your boss has announced his or her retirement and you want to give a gift to say goodbye, why not create a parting gift that will be useful to your boss even after they leave your company? The purpose of parting gifts is to show appreciation for all the hard work and effort the manager invested in the employee while they were with the company. Depending on the type of gathering involved, the gift can be anything from a framed picture or a favorite memento to an office-made product.
The parting of ways between a boss and their employee is one of the most common situations of all. Some bosses have a hard time letting go, which may be why they insist on keeping a close eye on their employees all the time, even after they’ve moved on to another job. Others may be paranoid that they’re not doing their jobs correctly. Whatever the case, it’s a good idea to send a farewell message to your boss to soften the effects of losing them as a boss.
A farewell message to your boss is an important part of maintaining good relationships and it is a great way to let your boss know that you want to keep them like a boss. There are many ways to show your boss how much he/she means to you. You can thank them for the opportunities they have given you, the support they have given you, and the wisdom they have imparted, and you can also show them how much of a positive impact they have had on your life by taking the time to thank them in writing. So, make some farewell messages to the boss who is leaving right now.
- 100+ Best Goodbye Messages When Leaving the Company
- 100+ Best Sample Farewell Messages to Employees Leaving a Workplace
- 100+ Best Sample Farewell Messages to Coworkers’ Retirement
- 217 Best Short Farewell Messages to Colleague Who Is Leaving the Company