Ever had an employee left your business or organization? Then you are well aware of the feelings associated with such an event. At work, we tend to focus on the business side of things—the bottom line, financials, and profit. But there are so many other aspects that go towards making a company run. However, it is important to keep in mind that an employee is a person who contributes to the organization and is often a valued asset. The employees are the heart and soul of the organization—they are what keep us going. And they are the ones who make the company live and breathe.
It’s a sad fact to admit, but leaving a job is often an emotional time. However, there is good news: with the right words, you can help your employees cope with the moment and help them to move forward with their lives. A farewell message from the boss to their team member can be the last chance to let them know how much they are appreciated. If you’re a senior leader, consider the following sample farewell messages for when your employees are leaving your organization.
Make a connection with your employees by writing a brief, meaningful farewell message. A goodbye email or letter expresses gratitude for all their hard work and best wishes for a successful future. And it’s a great way to thank them for their contributions to your business. It shows you care about their future—and best wishes are a nice gesture. Use these sample farewell messages below to show them how much their work meant to you. These are some of the best farewell messages that can be given to an employee when they are leaving in a positive manner. You can pick the ones that fit the situation best, and copy and paste any one of these messages or use them as inspiration for your own farewell message.
- Best Wishes for Employees Leaving
- Thank You Messages for Employees Leaving
- Good Luck Messages to Employees Leaving
Best Wishes for Employees Leaving
1. We will miss you and wish you the best.
2. We hope that you find success in your new endeavors
3. I wish you all the best in the future and hope that you will find success in the land of opportunity.
4. Best wishes to you as you embark on your new venture.
5. Good luck and best wishes on your new start.
6. May your new beginning is blessed with the best that life has to offer.
7. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and I hope that we can still remain friends.
8. Best wishes for your new life ahead!
9. It has been a pleasure working with you, I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.
10. I hope you’ll find success in your next endeavor.
11. You will always be a part of the company family, and I wish you the best of luck.
12. We’re so proud of the work you’ve done for our company, and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.
13. I’m sorry for the way I acted. I hope that you can find the experience rewarding and fulfilling.
14. We will miss you, but I hope that you find what you’re looking for.
15. I hope to see you again soon, but until then take care and good luck!
16. We will always be friends and we hope that you will be part of our team again one day.
17. It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors! You have been instrumental in helping us to grow and reach the next level. We will miss you!
18. You have contributed so much to our company and we will not forget that. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
19. You have been a great asset to this company. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope to see you around here soon.
20. It has been an honor and a privilege to work with you. I wish you all the success and happiness in the world.
21. It’s hard to say goodbye, but I hope all goes well for you!
22. Best wishes for your success and happiness!
23. We hope that you will continue to stay in touch and that you know that you will always be a part of our company family. We wish you nothing but happiness and success in your life and career!
24. I am so sorry to see you go. I know it will be difficult, but I hope you find your new job to be just the same as working here. I will miss you and wish you all the best as you move on.
25. It has been an honor working with you, and I am so grateful for your contributions and friendship. I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.
26. I hope you find your new job as fulfilling as our time working together. I wish you all the best with your new job.
27. We wish you the very best and hope to keep in touch.
28. Best wishes for a prosperous future.
29. I’m sorry to see you go, but I’m so happy you found a new opportunity. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
30. I hope the next chapter in your life is everything you hoped for.
31. You are one of the best co-workers I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
32. I hope the best for you as you start this new chapter of your life. Take care of yourself.
33. You were a valued team member, and I’ll miss you. Wish you the best with the next chapter of your life!
34. I am happy to see you are leaving to pursue your dreams. I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors and I will miss working with you!
35. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope you feel comfortable in your new position.
36. You’re an awesome person and I wish you the best of luck in everything you do. I hope to see you soon!
37. You have been a valued and integral part of our team. I wish you success in all your future endeavors. We will miss you!
38. You made your mark here at this company and we’ll always remember you. We were fortunate to have had you as a part of our team. I wish you all the best.
39. This is tough, but I want you to know that I fully support your decision to move on and find your success. I hope that we can stay in touch on social media and keep in touch with what’s going on in your life. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
40. I hope you will find what you are looking for in your next career move. I wish you all the best in the future! Thank you for working with us.
41. This is the end of a wonderful journey! I am sad to see you go, but you are now free to pursue your dreams. I’m sure you will have a great life ahead of you!
42. I’m really happy for you as you’ve found your perfect job. I wish you a successful start in your new position! Please remember that we are always here to help in our free time.
43. We’re proud to have you as part of our team. I hope you find success in whatever you decide to pursue next. You were a valuable part of our team, and we wish you the best!
44. I admire your courage in taking on this new challenge. I hope you’ll be successful in your new job.
45. I wish you nothing but the best, stay in touch.
46. I’m so sorry to see you go. I wish you all the best in your career!
47. You’ve been a great asset to the company. I wish we could have done more to keep you around.
Thank You Messages for Employees Leaving
1. Thank you for your dedication and hard work. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
2. Thank you for everything you contributed to the success of our team
3. Thank you for your generous contribution, your hard work, and your years of service. You have been a great asset to the company, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
4. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us, and I wish you all the best in life as well.
5. Thanks for everything you did for our company! It’s been a pleasure working alongside you.
6. Thank you for your time at our company. We wish you well in all your future endeavors.
7. I’m glad I got to work with you. Thank you for all the laughs and good times.
8. I really appreciate all that you have done for me over the years. I wish you a happy life and a work-life that is equally great.
9. Thank you for everything that you’ve done, and we hope that this isn’t goodbye forever.
10. Thank you for all of your hard work and contributions to the organization. We wish you continued success and hope you’ll stay in touch.
11. We are sorry to hear that you are leaving the company. It has been a privilege working with you. Thank you for your dedication.
12. Thank you for the time you spent with us. Your dedication and efforts will be missed but I hope our paths cross again soon.
13. Thanks for all your hard work, and we hope to see you soon.
14. I sincerely appreciate all that you have done for me. I am so sorry that I cannot thank you in person.
15. Thank you for all your hard work; I know you will go on to do great things!
16. Thank you for everything you’ve done for our company. You’ve made a positive impact on everyone here. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
17. I wish I had told you sooner how much I appreciate your work.
18. You make our organization stronger. We would like to thank you for your contribution during your time here. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
19. Thank you for being a great coworker. I hope we cross paths again soon.
20. Thank you so much for your time on our team. I hope we can work together again in the future.
21. I want to thank you for your dedication and your passion for the job.
22. Thank you for always being a great employee.
23. Thank you for your dedication and loyalty, you will be greatly missed.
24. Thank you for being an integral part of our team.
25. Thank you for all your hard work here. I hope that you will be successful in your future endeavors. I hope that you will come back and visit again soon!
26. I wanted to take the time to say thank you for all the hard work you’ve put in for our company. I know it was a difficult decision to leave our team, but I am so grateful to have had you on board. I’m sure that wherever you go next, you’ll be able to continue your passion for what you do. Thank you for everything!
27. We couldn’t have done it without your help. Thank you for everything,
28. Thank you for all your hard work. I hope you find your new job as enjoyable and fulfilling as you did your old one.
29. Thank you for everything that you have done for our company. We cannot wait to see what you do next.
30. We have really been through some tough times together. I want to thank you for all the support and kindness that you’ve offered me. Take care of yourself and stay in touch.
31. Thank you for your hard work and I wish you the best of luck. Hope you succeed in whatever you do. You’re always welcome to come back anytime.
32. I want to thank you for all the hard work and dedication you have given to our company. You have been a great asset to our team and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
33. I’m sorry to see you go, but I also want to thank you for all your hard work and dedication over the last 18 months. You have been a good employee and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.
34. I know we haven’t always gotten along, but I want you to know that I appreciate everything you have done for the company and wish you well.
35. Thank you for your service. It has been a pleasure working with you and I wish you the best in whatever the future holds.
36. Thank you for the many wonderful memories and adventures we had together. It’s been a pleasure working with you, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors. I’m sure we will cross paths again at some point.
37. Thank you for helping us succeed and grow into a stronger company. We will miss you and are excited to see what the future has in store for you.
38, I may not be able to say goodbye, but I hope you know how much I appreciate you.
39. We are sorry to hear you are leaving us, but will always remember your contributions. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We will miss you! We hope you find what you’re looking for in your next endeavor.
40. Goodbye and thank you for having a positive impact on our company. You will always be remembered as a great employee and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
41. You are an amazing employee and we wish we could offer you more opportunities with us but at this time, you are free to pursue other opportunities. Thank you for your hard work and dedication these last few years!
Good Luck Messages to Employees Leaving
1. Best of luck in your future endeavors, I hope you find success!
2. Good luck with the next chapter of your life!
3. Good luck and many blessings on your future.
4. Good luck and Godspeed!
5. Good luck with your start in your new position.
6. Good luck with your new job! We’ll miss you and we’ll definitely keep in touch!
7. Good luck and I hope we cross paths again soon!
8. Best of luck in your future endeavors and we hope to work with you again soon.
9. Best of luck and many thanks for your hard work.
10. Good luck in everything you go on to do in your future.
11. Good luck and take care.
12. Good luck and thank you for your services and wish you a successful future ahead.
13. Good luck in your future endeavors! May you have many years of success!
14. Good luck and have a safe trip.
How to Handle an Employee Leaving the Company?
With a business, you always have to deal with employees leaving. Whether they are leaving for a new job at another company, or even leaving for retirement, the loss of an employee can have a devastating effect on the morale of a company. Employee relations are always going to be tricky, and it’s especially difficult when the individual leaving is your most valuable asset.
Having a difficult time with an employee who is leaving? You want to make sure you have the right procedures in place to protect your company and your employees before they leave, here are some tips for handling employee leaving:
Five Tips for Successfully Handling Employee Leaving the Company
1. Have a good exit interview to get feedback or to ask any questions
An exit interview is an opportunity to gather input from your employees about how they feel about the way the job was done, as well as feedback on how you could have done things differently or better.
This can be a very valuable, but difficult, time for both employees and managers. An exit interview can be used to share ideas and strengthen team bonds. It can also be used to keep employees motivated as they transition to new opportunities.
2. Ensure they leave cleanly and professionally
We’ve all been there – an employee leaves the company, and we are left with the aftermath of how to handle the situation. No matter how well you treat your employees, there’s always the one who will want to leave unexpectedly, or on bad terms. In order for them to leave in an honorable manner, is important to have a plan in place for ensuring a smooth transition.
3. Make sure to thank the employee for all their contributions
When a person leaves your company, it’s not just their job they’re leaving behind—it’s everything they’ve been a part of. Sometimes you may not realize how much your employee has done for you, especially if you haven’t been around them much.
Take a moment to thank an employee who has worked hard for your company. Any time any employee has taken the time to contribute to your company, it’s important that you thank them.
4. Explain to other employees that the employee has left
After employees leave their jobs it can be hard to know what to say to co-workers. They may be hurt by the changes, and want to know why. So it’s important to explain to the other employees that the employee has left and that all necessary steps have been taken.
5. Offer a reference if they would like
You have employees. Some of them work for you for a few years; others come to work for you for a few months. Regardless of how long or short, they stay at your company, you still need to treat them professionally. So make sure you are offering a reference and not just a “goodbye” statement. This is a good opportunity to build a working relationship with your ex-employee.
- 100+ Best Goodbye Messages When Leaving the Company
- 100+ Best Sample Farewell Messages to Coworkers’ Retirement
- 130+ Best Sample Farewell Messages to Boss Who Is Leaving the Company
- 217 Best Short Farewell Messages to Colleague Who Is Leaving the Company